Las Vegas Attorney Handling Relocations

More and more families are moving out of state, either for work or for other reasons. However, before a parent can move out of the jurisdiction, he or she will need to seek permission from the other spouse or, if that is not possible, from the court.

At Law Practice, Ltd., we help clients who need to move to another state as well as those opposed to relocation. Las Vegas lawyer Ann E. Kolber has more than 30 years of experience handling relocations, move-aways and post-judgment modifications in Nevada. She can help you understand your legal options and protect your interests throughout the process.

Get advice from an attorney with experience handling relocations, child custody modifications and visitation issues. Call us at 702-517-5705 or toll-free at 888-351-7870.

Understanding The Parental Relocation Process

If you have custody of your child, you cannot simply move out of the jurisdiction. In order to move, whether for a new job, to go to school or to be with family, you must obtain written consent from the other parent or file a motion with the court.

The motion will be to request primary, physical custody of the child as well as an order to be able to relocate. The court will weigh the facts for and against the move and then make a decision based on what is in the best interests of the child.

We can help you through the process, including notifying the other parent, filing a motion with the court and protecting your interests in court. We also represent parents who are opposed to the relocation. In either case, we will aggressively protect your rights as a parent.

Contact A Summerlin Move-Away Lawyer

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced divorce and family law lawyer to discuss child relocation, please call our firm at 702-517-5705 or toll-free at 888-351-7870. You may also email the firm to schedule your appointment.